New Year’s Eve in Tuscany
How are you going to celebrate the end of 2015 and the beginning of the new year? If you are planning to spend New Year’s Eve in Tuscany, have a look at this post. We created a useful list with a selection of the most interesting events of New Year’s Eve in Tuscany.
We hope you will make a toast with your beloved, family or friends, hoping for a great 2016, wishing to realize one of your childhood dreams or everything you desire. And if you like, raise a glass of champagne and drink to us too.
The best events of New Year's Eve in Tuscany
Florence offers several events to enjoy the New Year’s Eve in Tuscany.
- Piazza Pitti: for the first time this square hosts the main concert for NYE celebrations. If you are keen on Italian music, do not miss the show with the Florentine singer Irene Grandi (I suggest you to watch the video which was recorded along the street of Tuscany and in wonderful location of San Galgano Abbey), the Roman Alessandro Mannarino, and the X-Factor contestants Street Clerks.
- Piazza San Lorenzo: if you love jazz, blues or rhythm and blues, then you cannot miss the concert of the British Sarah Jane Morris and Tentet Swing by Nico Gori.
- Piazza della Signoria: under the Loggia dei Lanzi, you will be surrounded by the sound of Viennese waltzer by the Akademic Orchestra Sinfonica of the Chernivtsi Philharmonic Society and conducted by maestro Giuseppe Lanzetta.
- Piazza Santissima Annunziata is the stage for a gospel show with The Cleveland Gospel Singer.
- Florence Opera Theatre: is a gorgeous opportunity to spend New Year’s Eve in Tuscany in an elegant theatre, listening to an amazing concert by the Russian Vladimir Jurowski, which will also conduct the Simphony No. 9 by Ludwig Van Beethoven. After the concert you could attend a gala dinner with the musical accompaniment by the young opera singers of the Academy of Maggio Musicale Fiorentino. At midnight a fireworks show will light the Opera square and, as for tradition, you could dance with the music Quintetto Jazz.
- Tenax night club: Sven Väth, the teutonic DJ/Producer king of techno music, will play in one of the club symbol of the young nightlife of Florence.
Casomai – Irene Grandi
Sarah Jane Morris – No Beyonce
Siena also offers interesting events for NYE night, such as:
- Piazza del Campo hosts, starting from 8.00 pm, the psychedelic rock by the band Kisses from Mars,the jazz guitar player Andrea Mucciarelli, the traditional folk music from Apulia by the Orchestra La Notte della Taranta, and the funky and acid jazz music by Matteo Addabbo & the Funk Destroyers. But the funniest event of this New Year’s Eve in Tuscany is the biggest Silent Disco of Italy, where more than 10,000 people will listen from their headset their favourite music played by 4 different deejays, and dance without disturbing the city during the whole night.
Prato, for the end-of-year celebrations, organizes different concerts on the major squares of the city:
- Piazza Municipale is the scene of the concert of Ginevra di Marco, one of the most beautiful voice of Tuscany, and the concert of Orchestra di Piazza Vittorio.
- Politeama Theatre of Prato hosts a classical music concert by the Camerata Strumentale with strings and voice, for a medley of operas, adaptation of pop music and Christmas Carols.
Lucca choose a program focused on culture and theatre for this New Year’s Eve in Tuscany. The Teatro del Giglio, from 8.30 PM, proposes the event “Puccini e la sua Lucca“, a festival dedicated to the Maestro Puccini and his love to Lucca, his birth city, followed by a gala buffet dinner for the guests.
Pisa proposes a rich calendar of events for the NYE. The city center will be full of music, shows, entertainment for adults and children and fireworks. Five squares and more that eight hours of fun in Piazza del Carmine, Largo Ciro Menotti, Piazza Garibaldi, Piazza dei Cavalieri and Piazza XX Settembre, plus the traveling bands all around the city.
It is custom to celebrate the New Year’s Eve in Tuscany almost everywhere. The main cities of Livorno in the seaside Terrazza Mascagni, Arezzo in Piazza San Francesco and Piazza Sant’Agostino, Pistoia, Montecatini, Grosseto, Massa, Carrara and the coastal Versilia host concert and live shows, but also the smaller towns use to organize entertainments for its tourist and inhabitants.
Being curious to see the way you are celebrating New Year’s Eve in Tuscany, if you are an Instagram addicted use our hashtag #mytravelintuscany when you upload your pictures of the night.
You will find our special New Year’s Eve in Tuscany snapshots on our Instagram page @mytravelintuscany. Stay tuned…
Finally, I wish everybody to have fun wherever you are, and I hope you will have a wonderful beginning of 2016! Happy New Year!