New Year’s Eve in Tuscany
How are you going to celebrate the end of this year and the beginning of the new one? If you are planning to spend New Year’s Eve in Tuscany, have a look at this post. We created a useful list with a selection of the most interesting events of New Year’s Eve in Tuscany.
We hope you will make a toast with your beloved, family or friends, hoping for a great 2018, wishing to realize one of your childhood dreams or everything you desire. And if you like, raise a glass of champagne and drink to us too.
The best events of New Year's Eve in Tuscany
Florence offers several events to enjoy the New Year’s Eve in Tuscany.
in piazza Santissima Annunziata installazioni sonore e luminose, marching band in stile New Orleans in Oltrarno
- Piazzale Michelangelo: for the second time the panoramic square on top of the hill hosts the main concert for NYE celebrations. If you are keen on Italian music, do not miss the show with the Italian artists Ermal Meta, Raphael Gualazzi and Morgan.
- Along the alleys of Oltrarno, a marching band will entertain the visitors.
- Piazza della Signoria hosts a concert of classical music directed by the Maestro Giuseppe Lanzetta.
- Piazza Santissima Annunziata host music and light shows.
- Teatro Verdi: from the 29th to 31st December go back to the ’70s with the musical Grease
- Ippodromo Visarno: spend New Year’s Eve at the circus with the company Cirque Reckless. No animals but a great show with 40 artists between acrobats, jugglers, clowns, and tightrope walkers.
- Firenze Winter Park: celebrate New Year’s Eve skating on the ice at the park in front of the Obihall theatre.
- Night Clubs: if you want to dance all night long, the most famous discotheques of Florence (Obihall, Palazzina Reale, Otel, Yab) organize unforgettable events.
Trams will run all night long the 31st December, so it will be easier to reach the town center.
Siena also offers an interesting event for NYE night, the concert of the Italian folk band Bandabardò in the unique scenery of Piazza del Campo. On the same stage, the 1st January, the band Spirit of New Orleans Gospel Choir from Louisiana will entertain visitors during the first day of new year.
The splendid Piazza Aranci of Massa in northern Tuscany thousand people for a night in music but in silence. Every person will wear headphones to listen to different kinds of music, and dance without disturbing the city during the whole night.
Pisa proposes a rich calendar of events for the NYE. The city center will be full of music, shows, entertainment for adults and children and fireworks at midnight along the Lungarni. More than eight hours of fun in Piazza del Carmine, Largo Ciro Menotti, Piazza Garibaldi, Piazza delle Vettovaglie, plus the traveling bands all around the city.
It is custom to celebrate the New Year’s Eve in Tuscany almost everywhere. The main cities of Livorno in the seaside Terrazza Mascagni, Arezzo in Piazza San Francesco and Piazza Sant’Agostino, Lucca, Pistoia, Montecatini, Grosseto, Prato, Carrara and the coastal Versilia host concert and live shows, but also the smaller towns use to organize entertainments for its tourist and inhabitants.
Being curious to see the way you are celebrating New Year’s Eve in Tuscany if you are an Instagram addicted use our hashtag #mytravelintuscany when you upload your pictures of the night.
You will find our special New Year’s Eve in Tuscany snapshots on our Instagram page @mytravelintuscany. Stay tuned…
Finally, I wish everybody to have fun wherever you are, and I hope you will have a wonderful beginning of new year!
(Updated on 22/12/2017)